Objectives-Goals-Strategies-Measures (OGSM) harmonize an organization’s goals with its strategy, transforming those goals into a measurable action plan. OGSM is the classic approach to strategy planning and management by objectives. OGSM components include:
- Objectives – Detail priorities that support church vision.
- Goals – Define goals for each value statement.
- Strategies & Action Plans – Goals are translated into choices.
- Measures – Define how you know the strategy is working.
Strategies are the choices you make to achieve your global objective, defining objectives and goals. They form the plan of attack to mobilize the church for ministry. Here’s how it works:
- Strategies – Make informed choices to achieve your vision, values and objectives.
- How will you accomplish each objective?
- What will you do?
- What choices will you make?
- Develop several strategies and plans for each objective.
- Action Plans – Detail specific ministry initiatives and programs that feed your strategies.
Ministry Action Plans
Read more about creating strategies and action plans at MinistryActionPlans.com.