Objectives-Goals-Strategies-Measures (OGSM) harmonize an organization’s goals with its strategy, transforming those goals into a measurable action plan. OGSM is the classic approach to strategy planning and management by objectives. OGSM components include:
- Objectives – Detail priorities that support church vision.
- Goals – Define goals for each value statement.
- Strategies & Action Plans – Goals are translated into choices.
- Measures – Define how you know the strategy is working.
What Do We Stand For?
Objectives fall into three categories:
- Global Objective (Vision) – Start with vision clarification and define what you stand for and where God is leading you to go.
- What’s your vision of the future?
- Where are you going?
- What happens when you get there?
- Defining Objectives (Values) – Defining objectives are a set of priorities that govern your ministry.
- Defining objectives support the church’s vision.
- What are your priorities?
- Ministry Objectives – What will we do to accomplish each defining objective or value?
- Develop 2-3 objectives for each value.
Ministry Action Plans
Read more about developing a global objective with more specific defining objectives at MinistryActionPlans.com.