Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth. – Psalm 96:8-9 (NIV)
- Target – Consider how existing members and new members are motivated to participate.
- Goals & Purpose – Identify how corporate worship is enriched, developed or multiplied.
- Measures & Success – Outline how quantitative and qualitative success is measured.
- Follow-Up – Define how this contributes to the church’s worship strategy.
Worship Strategy Examples
III. CHOIRS & ENSEMBLES
Grow choirs and ensembles with regular care group ministry, weekly social media posts, weekly e-mail contacts and intentional prospect development.
- WORSHIP CHOIR – Recruit new choir members for the Sunday ministry of the Worship Choir. Grow Sunday Morning Worship Choir attendance by 4%.
- Open House Events – Conduct 3 Open House events in January, May and September with the goal of enlisting 25 new choir members in 2011.
- TOUCH Teams – Organize Worship Choir TOUCH Teams for greater effectiveness with the goal of regular weekly and monthly contacts for absentees by each group leader.
- Pastoral Care – Form 15 TOUCH teams and make them responsible for absentee contacts and general pastoral care.
- New Leaders – Recruit 15 new TOUCH Team leaders to oversee inreach and care group needs within the choir.
- VOCAL ENSEMBLES – Continue the development of each adult and student ensemble with new members, expanded ministry opportunities and “outside the walls” community ministry.
IV. INSTRUMENTAL MINISTRY
Enlarge the instrumental ministry with new intermediate and advanced ensembles, increased evening service playing time and “outside the walls” community concerts.
- WORSHIP ORCHESTRA – Grow the Worship Orchestra with new player recruitment, intermediate player development and public performance opportunities.
- Recruitment – Recruit new high school and adult players for the advanced Worship Orchestra. Set a 2011 average orchestra attendance goal of 25.
- Intermediate Group – Develop the ministry of the intermediate Praise Orchestra as a “feeder” group for CFBC’s Worship Orchestra.
- APA Link – Invite the Academy of Performing Arts string program to play with the Worship Orchestra in morning worship. Use the opportunity to build relationships for orchestra string program growth (Fall 2011).
- Night of Worship – Implement a joint Praise and Worship Orchestra spring night of worship in May to celebrate the growth in our instrumental ministry, contribute to Sunday Evening Worship and to recruit new players (May 22, 2011).
- PRAISE ORCHESTRA – Recruit new middle school, high school and adult players for the intermediate Praise Orchestra. Set a 2012 average Praise Orchestra attendance goal of 20.
- INSTRUMENTAL ENSEMBLES – Rotate playing responsibilities for Sunday Evening Worship Services among at least four different instrumental groups. Plan public performances and and joint ministry opportunities during services and special events.
V. THEATRE MINISTRY
Expand the evangelism potential of CFBC’s theatre ministry with a Fall evangelistic production and a Spring Dinner Theatre.
- SPRING DINNER THEATRE – Ask members to invite a friend to one of the three Spring Dinner Theatre presentations, “Virgil’s Wedding” (April 28-30, 2011).
- Relational Outreach – Promote Dinner Theatre as a “break-the-ice” event for members’ unchurched friends.
- Complimentary Tickets – Provide complimentary tickets to ministry staff who invite a prospect couple to join them at the event.
- Gospel Presentation – Communicate the church’s love and concern for each attender present with the “ABC’s of Salvation” and a request for prospect prayer needs. Present the ABC’s verbally and print them on every dinner theatre program.
- FALL EVANGELISTIC DESSERT THEATRE – Present the gospel creatively through the dramatic play, “John, His Story” (October 23-24, 2011).
- Free Event – Budget the entire event and make tickets available to members and their unchurched friends at no cost.
- Relational Outreach – Promote the second night (Monday) as an “Invite-Your-Friend” night targeting young and median adults. Emphasize this point in the appropriate Bible Fellowship classes.
- SNAP Card – Ask members to invite their SNAP Card person to join them for the play.
- NEW ACTOR DEVELOPMENT – Recruit and develop new actors with 2 Drama Open House events in the Spring and Fall (January 17 and August 15, 2011).
VI. TECHNICAL MINISTRY
Grow the leadership teams and capability of the technical ministry with increased leader recruitment and development.
- RECRUITMENT – Recruit and train new video and camera team workers, develop a rotation plan for all tech teams and staff the media ministry with volunteers.
- TRAINING – Offer 3 video, sound and lighting tech team training meetings.
- NEWSLETTER – Develop a quarterly tech team leadership newsletter to encourage and motivate tech leaders in their ministry.