But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. – 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
- Target – Consider the target audience.
- Goals & Purpose – Identify marketing goals and purpose.
- Measures & Success – Clarify the win and define success.
- Follow-Up – Design a follow-up connection point.
Marketing Strategy Examples
II. NEW RESIDENT MARKETING
Target new homeowners and new arrivals with specific marketing and outreach initiatives.
- WELCOME PACKET DISTRIBUTION – Hand deliver a church welcome packet to every newcomer.
- New Resident List – Compile the new move-ins list from the utility new customer database.
- Welcome Packet Delivery – Hand deliver welcome packets to new home owners every week as a part of the monthly Impact Dinner & Connections ministry on Tuesday night (6:00-7:30 p.m.).
- Packet Contents – Include a message CD, pastor’s letter and bio, Equipping U brochure, age division brochure cards and TrueLife.org invite cards in each packet.
- Mobilize Leaders – Mobilize church staff, deacons, bible fellowship teachers and age division leaders to deliver welcome packets.
- WELCOME WAGON – Use Welcome Wagon direct mail packets to make multiple contacts with newcomers in the first three months of their arrival.
- Ad Frequency – Insert ads in each of the 3 newcomer mailings made by Welcome Wagon. Mailings take place monthly for the first 3 months after a family has moved into a new home.
- Incentive – Include a bookstore coupon for a free Dave Ramsey “Total Money Makeover” book in the ad. The goal is getting new homeowners to visit the church and become familiar with the physical environment. This familiarity makes it more likely that they will return for a service or later event.
- Goal – The goal is reaching an average of 76 newcomer families monthly with targeted messages and communication.
- Budget – The annual budget is $3,000.00.
- HIGH IMPACT DISPLAY ADS – Insert marquee ads in key community publications to magnify the church’s presence and ministries among newcomers and existing residents. Convey a positive image and community perception of a caring, engaged church with ministries that matter.
- Marquee Ads – Place high-impact ads in each new edition of “Collierville Magazine,” “Fayette County Magazine” and the Collierville Chamber of Commerce town map.
- Community Magazine Ads – Invest in premium placement and positioning with inside-front-cover, full-page, full-color ads in both magazines (February and March each year).
- Map Brochure Ad – Place a full-panel, full-color ad in the Chamber of Commerce town map every two years (publishing schedule).
- Yellow Pages Ad – Place annual display ads in the Germantown-Collierville phone book and newspaper business directories to facilitate easy access to service times and church location. Differentiate and grab attention with two-color, quarter-page display ads.
- Budget – The annual budget for these display ads is $11,000.00.