Short form Ministry Action Plans (MAPs) make strategy and goal-setting purposeful and concise. MAPs are vision clarification and strategy planning on a few sheets of paper and the goal is K.I.S.S.: Keep it short and simple. Short form components include:
- Step 1 – Job Description
- Step 2 – Position Guidelines (PGs)
- Step 3 – Ministry Action Plan (MAP)
- Step 4 – Regular Coaching
Step 4 – Regular Coaching
Completed Weekly, Biweekly or Monthly
The fourth part of short form strategy planning is a regular give-and-take discussion charting each worker’s progress toward MAP goals. A simple outline for regular coaching might include:
- Energizing Areas – What’s Working?
- Challenging Areas – What’s Not Working?
- MAP Goals Status
- Communication – How Can We Improve?
- Personal Growth Plan Status
Here’s What It Looks Like
[click to view image at full resolution]