Objectives-Goals-Strategies-Measures (OGSM) harmonize an organization’s goals with its strategy, transforming those goals into a measurable action plan. OGSM is the classic approach to strategy planning and management by objectives. OGSM components include:
- Objectives – Detail priorities that support church vision.
- Goals – Define goals for each value statement.
- Strategies & Action Plans – Goals are translated into choices.
- Measures – Define how you know the strategy is working.
What Does Success Look Like?
Goals are measurements attached to each defining objective or value. Goals tell everyone what success looks like for each church value:
- Goals – Attach numeric measurements to your global and defining objectives.
- What does your church need to achieve?
- What is your numerical goal?
- Develop a goal for each strategy and plan.
Ministry Action Plans
Read more about setting ministry goals at MinistryActionPlans.com.