Short form Ministry Action Plans (MAPs) make strategy and goal-setting purposeful and concise. MAPs are vision clarification and strategy planning on a few sheets of paper and the goal is K.I.S.S.: Keep it short and simple. Short form components include:
- Step 1 – Job Description
- Step 2 – Position Guidelines (PGs)
- Step 3 – Ministry Action Plan (MAP)
- Step 4 – Regular Coaching
Step 1 – Job Description
Short form strategy planning begins with a general snapshot of each position, reflecting the broad view of direct and supervisory responsibilities along with other key items. Job Descriptions include:
- Position Classification & Scope
- Ministry Team – Age Division Teams, Family Life Stage Teams, etc.
- Department/Campus – Missions, Worship, Ministry & Discipleship, etc.
- Level – Support Staff, Ministry Staff, Senior Staff, etc.
- Classification – Ministry Assistant, Associate, Director, Minister, etc.
- Status – Permanent Part-Time (PPT), Permanent Full-Time (PFT), etc.
- Overall Responsibilities
- Position Snapshot
- Direct Responsibilities
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Skills & Attributes Required
- Experience Required
Here’s What It Looks Like
[click to view image at full resolution]