But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. – 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
- Target – Consider how unchurched people will get there.
- Goals & Purpose – Identify the purpose of the ministry activity (equipping, praying, sowing, harvesting).
- Measures & Success – Outline precisely how the gospel will be shared or how the ministry plays a role in sharing the gospel.
- Follow-Up – Design a follow-up strategy for prospects.
Evangelism Strategy Examples
Equip church members to actively pray for lost neighbors and friends as a first step toward verbally sharing the gospel.
- SEND NORTH AMERICA PRAYER (SNAP) CARDS – Use NAMB’s Send North America Prayer Card to lead church members in focused prayer for unchurched people who need to hear the gospel beyond the walls of CFBC. Ask them to make a commitment to daily and weekly for one unchurched friend, one church plant, one unreached people group and the church itself.
- State of the Church Message Distribution – Distribute “pray-for-the-lost” SNAP Cards to every attender at the annual State of the Church message. Ask each member to write down the name of one unchurched friend who needs to hear the gospel.
- Prayer Commitment – Ask church members to make a 2014 commitment to pray for the four prayer needs on the SNAP card. The participation goal is 1,000 people using SNAP cards weekly.
- A Lifestyle of Prayer – Ask church members to take their SNAP card with them wherever they go. During congregational prayer times, the leader can pull the card out of his wallet to illustrate a lifestyle of prayer.
- Worship Service Focus – Schedule a SNAP Card highlight moment in the morning worship service on the first Sunday of every month. Ask church members to pull out the card and pray silently for the needs on their card.
- Sharing – Reference the SNAP Cards as a starting point for members in sharing and for “Invite-Your-Friend” events throughout 2014. Verbally mention the SNAP cards when promoting events.
- WORLD MISSIONS EMPHASIS – Use World Missions Emphasis programming and publicity to encourage members to pray for unchurched people in our community and around the world.
- GOD’S 300 PRAYER TEAMS – Create a “praying for our community” section in the monthly God’s 300 Prayer Guide with specific ways the church can pray for unchurched friends, neighbors and co-workers.