But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. – 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
- Target – Consider how unchurched people will get there.
- Goals & Purpose – Identify the purpose of the ministry activity (equipping, praying, sowing, harvesting).
- Measures & Success – Outline precisely how the gospel will be shared or how the ministry plays a role in sharing the gospel.
- Follow-Up – Design a follow-up strategy for prospects.
Evangelism Strategy Examples
Create both strategic Make-a-Friend and Invite-Your-Friend processes and events throughout the year as a tool for relationship-building and sharing efforts.
- MAKE-A-FRIEND INITIATIVE – Emphasize and develop opportunities for church members to build relationships with unchurched friends (January-March).
- Relationship Building Purpose – Build the Make-a-Friend process around the key principle of loving and caring about lost people. Emphasize relationship-building with unchurched people and highlight the principle in the “Loving the Lost” message series.
- Dinner Date Night – Challenge believers to participate in a Make-a-Friend dinner date night. Ask couples to invite an unchurched couple out to dinner for the purpose of relationship-building only. Encourage them to look for the unchurched among sports team parents, health club members, neighbors, school acquaintances and more.
- Bible Fellowship Class Events – Emphasize the key group interaction and assimilation role that Bible Fellowships play in relational witnessing efforts through outreach Super Bowl parties and class fellowships. Ask members to invite an unchurched couple to an upcoming class event.
- DANIEL CREWS CONCERT – Invite the community and other churches to join CFBC for a special concert featuring Daniel Crews.
- Morning Worship Service Promotion – Promote the concert in the morning service and ask members to invite friends who enjoy gospel music. Use the song “Oh, What a Savior” with the Worship Choir and Orchestra in the morning service.
- Invite Tickets – Promote through Bull Bramlett’s organization and create invite tickets for member use.
- SUPER BOWL PARTIES – Ask each Bible Fellowship class to organize Super Bowl outreach parties.
- Invite a Friend – Challenge believers to invite an unchurched friend or couple to join them for their class party.
- Faith Story Sharing – Ask two class members per party to share their faith story and testimony at halftime.
- CHILDREN’S EASTER MUSICAL – Ask members and parents to invite family members to a children’s Easter message musical presented on Palm Sunday night at 6:00 p.m. (April).
- Sowing Purpose – Plan a children’s Easter musical that includes a clear presentation of the gospel.
- Invite a Friend – Coordinate outreach with CFBC’s children’s ministry and ask parents and kids to invite unchurched friends.
- Personalized Photo Tickets – Create personalized tickets that feature each child’s photo as a tool that families can use to invite extended family members to the event.
- SPRING DINNER THEATRE – Ask members to invite a friend to one of the three Spring Dinner Theatre presentations of “Virgil’s Wedding” (April).
- Relationship Building Purpose – Encourage members to utilize the light atmosphere of comedy and fellowship at CFBC’s Spring Dinner Theatre as a relationship-building springboard.
- Response Cards – Present the ABC’s of Salvation and provide a response card to receive prospect prayer requests.
- First Steps – Promote as a “break-the-ice” event for believers as they build relationships with unchurched friends.
- Complimentary Tickets – Provide complimentary tickets for outreach use.
- INDEPENDENCE DAY SERVANT EVANGELISM – Distribute free bottled water to crowds that gather on church property during the Town of Collierville fireworks celebration.
- Serving Our Community – Distribute bottles of water as an act of service to our community.
- Volunteer Distribution Team – Label bottled water with the church name and logo. Include a short scripture verse and ask volunteers to convey a message of love and service as they distribute the bottles.
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT – Promote National Night Out neighborhood block parties as an opportunity to build relationships with neighbors (August).
- Relationship Building Purpose – Ask members to attend their neighborhood block party.
- Leadership Roles – Recruit CFBC volunteers to serve as coordinators or hosts in their neighborhood.
- Promotion – Publish a worship folder insert listing community parties to encourage participation.
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS – Encourage each member to invite friends to CFBC Christmas concerts and events (December).
- Legacy of Love – Present “Legacy of Love” (a musical by combined children’s and senior adult choirs) and invite friends, parents and families to be a part of the event. Build cross-generational connections through this event. Promote with invite tickets for family use.
- Light of the World – Present “Light of the World” (Brooklyn Tabernacle Christmas worship) with the Worship Choir and Orchestra and creatively present the gospel through music and drama. Create invite tickets for member use.
- An Instrumental Christmas – Present “An Instrumental Christmas” with the Worship Orchestra and The Burchfield Brothers. Invite the church and community to the event and include CFBC Performing Arts School string players in the program. Create invite tickets for member use.